Description of Activities
- Operates the Community Information Center and ensures that it remains the City's central information source
- Oversees the City's social media, website and online tools for communication, such as the Govt. 2.0 application.
- Publishes the City's monthly community newsletter Norwalk Now, and several other informational documents
- Publicizes City events, programs, activities and services, develops press releases and a variety of posters and handbills
- Prepares proclamations, commendations, and special awards for distribution to individuals and community groups and organizes special events throughout the year.
The Community Information Office also coordinates civic events such as Memorial Day and Veteran's Day activities, and develops a variety of special information materials to be used city-wide.